Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Surprise!


I was all ready for church today and I walked out into my bedroom where I discovered a huge Easter basket and beautifully wrapped package just for me! My first Easter basket in maybe 40 years or more! What a big surprise! It was filled with several fitness aids like a jump rope, a fitness ball, an elastic strip and of course, chocolate! The package was a stair step so we can do the "Deni" workouts from BYU TV. Evan really surprised with this one...I felt bad I hadn't thought to do anything for him except make Easter cookies. Oh well...there's always next year....



Here is a picture of Evan and me at the Bullard Chapel ground-breaking on Saturday, April 11. So exciting! It will be a big, beautiful Legacy building.



This is Evan's beautiful Romaine lettuce! Lettuce wraps , anyone? We'll be shelling snap sugar peas soon!




And finally, here are my seminary kids putting on "the whole army of God" from Ephesians 6:11-17. It was a fun day and kind of funny because it was April Fools and my stake supervisor shows up out of the blue. I played a trick on the kids and had a sign on the front door to use the back door because of "Wet Paint" and then on the back door was a sign to use the front door because of "Wet Paint." Anyway, we all had a fun day, constructing our armor and learning what we put on---the Helmet of Salvation, the Breastplate of Righteousness, a Girdle of Truth, feet shod with the "Preparation of the Gospel," the shield of Faith and the Sword of the Spirit or the Word of God. Great kids, armed for the battle!

3 comments:

sarah said...

i'm so jealous you have a step! happy easter! you'll win the prize in no time

Chris said...

such a great post, mom! Way to go that's the coolest stuff ever! I want a step!

sarah said...

max: "whoa! mom! did you see that?"
me: "see what?"
max: "those guys have swords!"
me: "i know. isn't that awesome? they are wearing the armor of God"
max: "oh! i see that. look, it even goes on your buns"