Friday, October 9, 2009

Fall has arrived!


I wanted to try a new crock pot recipe and today seemed like the perfect day because it was rainy all day and the temperature has dropped from a warm, humid 80 degrees this morning during seminary to 55 degrees right now.

This is a basic lasagna recipe, but you just use the crock pot and it is so much easier. I did substitute 15 oz. of cottage cheese and 1 cup sour cream for the ricotta cheese. I would have added some green onions to this mixture, but I didn't have any. It's basically the same lasagna recipe as the Lazy-day Lasagna in the ward cook book that Katie put together a few years ago but in a crock pot. I did end up cooking it too long, so I would recommend about 4 hours on low. It was very good! Hurrah for Fall!

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/slow-cooker-lasagna-114123.aspx

(How do you make this link live?)

No comments: