Sunday, August 12, 2007

Any more sweet ideas?

Thanks for all the help in choosing a dessert to make. Good call on not doing trifle. It looks so sloppy anyway. I couldn't decide (you know me) between two, so I made Cream Cheese Pie (that Mom used to make) and Key Lime Margarita Pie that had a pretzel crust (from the Kraftfoods website) Both were good, the Key Lime Pie was tart, but I liked it. I'll try the Lemonade pie sometime with variations. Leslie had made something similar so one time I didn't want to "copy" her.

Now I'm having a Seminary Kick-off meeting at Mom's house on August 26 at 6 pm so I need some ideas for a dessert or some food to serve as refreshments. My theme centers around the treasures of truth found in the Old Testament so maybe something that has a gooey center hidden inside (like Texas Sheet Cake?) or really anything yummy. Do you think I should serve food like fruit or Seven Layer Dip and chips? This includes parents. What do you all think? Ice cream is on sale this week. We could even do an ice creamsundae or bar or something like that.

3 comments:

Evan said...

From the "tone" of this note, you know it isn't from Evan. I'll try to do a better job of signing off when I'm done to keep Karen from sending cooking and recipe messages as if they came from me. Evan

Kate said...

Good, cause for a second I thought dad was turning into martha stewart.

Chris said...

[sarah] i say a chip and salsa bar. i have a handful of really really yummy salsa recipes if you are interested.