Saturday, September 15, 2012

"She Put the Music in Me"


Here is a sweet, touching video sung by Calee Reed of how her love of music was influenced by her mother teaching her the beautiful messages of primary songs.  I love all the allusions to those tender songs we all grew up with like "Popcorn Popping," "Smiles," or "Teach We to Walk in the Light" she so lovingly sings about.

I truly feel the same way about my mom.  I remember her being the Junior Sunday School Chorister for so many years (she's the only one who was in my memory) and she taught me those precious songs and gospel truths which I in turn loved teaching my own children and grandchildren and now am thrilled to be teaching  those songs to a new generation in Primary.  I also remember so well her encouraging us to practice our piano and saying "You will regret giving it up"  when we all decided to quit.  Which, of course, I do regret, but I have taken it up again and at least can play many hymns and those sweet primary songs.

So this is for you, Mom.  Thanks for "putting the music  in me!"

(Get those tissues ready!)


No comments: