Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wicked Witch...Squashed!

So here it is!  At my work, they have an annual contest where any employee can decorate a pumpkin (no carving or piercing allowed) and display it in the waiting room.  So we found a cool Hubbard squash that was already green (Evan takes credit for finding the one with a perfect witchy nose) and so I just had to make a wicked witch. 

 One idea led to another, and the witch became the Wicked Witch of the East from the Wizard of Oz smashed by Dorothy's house complete with green striped socks and ruby red slippers.  But of course in this scenario the witch was "squashed" with a shocked look on her face (courtesy of my friend Sandie).

Some others in the contest included a doctor pumpkin, a penguin, Angry Birds, a Rose Festival pumpkin, Dumbo,  and a scarecrow.


And the good news is that I won!  I got the blue ribbon and will win $100.00!!!!! The patients all cast their votes for their favorites and mine came out on top. Supposedly, the nurse that wins every year was not too happy!  Now I'm on to plan for the "Scary Foods" contest (It's between Bloody Brains Cupcakes  or Skull Cheese Dip)....On Halloween, the front desk will dress up as 101 Dalmations and Cruella De Ville and guess who I get to be! 

No comments: