Saturday, October 11, 2008

What makes a happy family?

I was listening to the radio the other day in the car and heard John Tesh (Yes, that John Tesh who plays sappy songs on the piano, but he has an informative show and it's good!) talking about what elements are common to cohesive, happy families. Here they are:


1. Successful families CHEER for each other and support each other in their activities.

2. Happy families share and encourage SPECIAL TRADITIONS like picnics at Eastertime or a family program and talent show on Christmas Eve.

3. Happy families SHOW AFFECTION for each other and EXPRESS their love for each other everyday.

4. Successful families are SPONTANEOUS and do things to surprise each other often like going on a fun, impromptu weekend trip or bringing home flowers or making goodies for the family.

5. Happy families share FAMILY HISTORY together like watching family movies or making photo albums together.

Just thought I'd share this with y'all because I thought it was really good and I am going to work on the spontaneous suggestion. We need to put some more excitement in our lives up here in Tyler!

( BTW, I thought that John Tesh actually had a show in Jacksonville where this station comes from because the previous announcer always says things like "There's John Tesh coming through the door," or "John is walking in right now" but Evan assures me that his show is syndicated so I guess I believe him.)

1 comment:

Kate said...

John Tesh is a native Tylerite. Suprised you didn't know that.