Friday, October 17, 2008

Tomato Onion Basil Pie

Okay. I know I keep posting recipes, but I think it's because Evan and I have been on a no-frills diet of very plain food and ever since Chris and Sarah and family came to escape the hurricane I got to cook again! And it's so fun to experiment, plus I was basically starving!

Anyway, I tried the Tomato Onion Basil Pie (using our fresh homegrown tomatoes and basil) that is in the Brookshire calendar for October that I gave each of you. I was going to try and be fancy and link the recipe from that site to this one, but it's not on their site because of some compatibility issues. It is so delicious! Try it and tell me what you think, (Will Chris eat baked tomatoes?) I even had all four cheeses on hand that the recipe calls for but you could probably get by with fewer, just use the same entire amount of cheese (2 cups). Next time I'll include a picture of my creation, but this half-eaten pie doesn't look so photo-worthy.

No comments: